In a modern business landscape, cloud enterprise resource planning (ERP) has emerged to become an indispensable asset. While the popularity of cloud ERP has been on a bit of a roll-off of late, Oracle ERP has proven its potential as the most sought-after ERP as it offers everything an organization may need. Keeping in mind that cloud ERP is expected to become the ‘norm’ in the next 5-10 years, there are no vendors that can match the popularity of Oracle ERP and its commitment to customer success.
So, if you want to leverage the Oracle ERP to support your business growth and compete with the big boys, dive into the below chapters to make a smooth and hassle-free transition.
Chapter 1: 5 steps to plan your Oracle ERP journey stress-free
The five must-follow steps that every business should follow when planning their Cloud ERP journey includes:
- Plan: This entails defining and establishing the project categories with a focus on scope, design, teams, and messages. To ensure the success of a project, information across all these categories is an absolute must.
- Implement: This self-explanatory step involves configuring and integrating, assessing data and reports, and evaluating the extensions.
- Verify: After the implementation is completed, the verification is initiated which comprises checking or reviewing the configurations and relation implementation items as per the project definitions.
- Prepare: Here, it is ensured that the business approvals are in place to kick start the production. Also, the readiness of systems, users, and organizations are checked parallelly.
- Deliver: When all the earlier steps have been followed correctly, ‘go-live’ will be a piece of cake.
Chapter 2: Oracle ERP Implementation Checklist every business should be aware of
As you embark on your Oracle ERP implementation project, leverage the below-mentioned checklist to accomplish your organizational goals without fail.
- Identify the team responsible for executing the implementation.
- Document the existing business processes, problems, and lost opportunities.
- Understand and define the must-have functionalities.
- Specify the targets and objectives you want to achieve through this implementation.
- Decide a timeline and budget.
- Identify the key performance indicators.
- Draft a blueprint of how the implementation will benefit the different teams.
- Undertake data migration review.
- Test interfaces, functionality using the transaction data, and real-life scenarios.
- Have a training program in place.
- Ensure constant communication throughout the implementation process.
- User participation is key, take feedback to make the implementation work for your teams.
Chapter 3: Is your business ready for Oracle ERP? Ask these 4 questions to evaluate readiness.
Streamlining processes and accelerating visibility into operations is essential to garnering the efficiency and business insight needed to survive. In such a scenario, completing an Oracle ERP readiness assessment is the only way forward to understand and find out if the current systems are holding you back. Also, readiness evaluation helps to determine the gaps, if any, close them, and how to navigate change management.
Make sure to have answers to each of the below questions to understand if your team is ready for Oracle ERP right before starting the project.
- Are the project and business benchmarks defined to decide the success of your project?
- Is your organization open to embracing a large-scale change initiative?
- Is your enterprise currently undergoing or planning any other technology changes soon?
- Do you have sufficient internal resources to support the project?
Chapter 4: Data Migration: An essential step in Oracle ERP Cloud implementation.
While many believe that the optimum design of the chart of account structure is the most crucial factor that decides the Oracle ERP implementation success, it is not true entirely. Effective and efficient data migration is one of the other cornerstones that plays an important role in ensuring ERP implementation success.
Planning is essential before data migration is initiated because several questions need to be answered and decisions need to be made. But it is seldom followed in practice. Reason? Data migration is the last activity before the ERP implementation goes live and usually faces time constraints. The result is poor quality data goes into the new ERP system, leading to blocked database tables, performance issues, and affecting the implementation from the beginning.
To ensure such issues don’t negatively impact your data migration efforts, follow the below data strategy to make your Oracle ERP implementation roaring success from day one.
- Identify and categorize the data to be migrated.
- Decide the timing of data migration.
- Create data templates.
- Decide the tools that will be used for migrating the data.
- Finalize the migration-related setups.
- Prepare for data archiving.
- Data ownership needs to be taken up within the organization.
Chapter 5: 6 capabilities every Oracle ERP Cloud Implementation Partner must possess in 2021.
With different Oracle ERP Implementation partners offering varied options to choose from, selecting the right one isn’t easy. Here’s what to look for:
- Oracle Cloud Excellence Implementation partnership certification differentiates the top-notch consulting firms that offer proven implementation expertise.
- A well-rounded team that comprises Oracle-certified consultants and professionals because Oracle grants specialization certifications to only those chosen ones who have proven knowledge and successfully pass the tests.
- Boasts of Cloud select status or in-house cloud competencies and capabilities. This proves the implementation partner isn’t going to outsource your project and will be able to manage any last-minute additions and support requirements.
- Offers end-to-end cloud support because their understanding of the cloud is unmatched, ranging from selection to pre-implementation, implementation, post-implementation, and the entire cloud journey.
- Proven track record of implementing a variety of Oracle ERP implementation projects across industry verticals.
- Strategy capabilities are a must-have requirement when your Oracle Cloud implementation project needs advanced-level competencies.
- Change and project management competency proves that the implementation partner is well-versed with the product to train and support the end-users while they are configuring the cloud apps per the business needs.
Looking for an expert Oracle ERP Implementation partner? We can help. Forsys is an Oracle Gold, Co-Development, and Cloud Excellence implementation partner, offering implementation services for Fusion Cloud ERP and Fusion Cloud SCM solutions. To discuss your Oracle needs and understand our Oracle competencies in detail, get in touch now.